Saturday 31 August 2013

31/08/13 'Transform collages' - Jack Frost/Mulan


 Two of my main loves in life is art and animation.



So a while ago I made a Mulan collage using the unbelievably large of card I have in my house. I found it recently and it inspired me to make some more so I spent the day making a Jack Frost one. Even though the drawing style varies between each, what they share is a theme of 'transformation'. I take a character I believe transforms mentally/physically during a book/film and I split the piece, doing one side of them in coloured pencil and one in bits of layered card. I've only done the two at the moment but I'm hoping to expand upon it, I'm considering Rapunzel, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner to create in the future...

And here's Jack Frost..


So I started by simply sketching out a picture of Jack, the left side being his human side, Jackson Overland, and the right side being Jack. 


I then coloured the left side and used blue, white and grey card for the right. I spent so long making Jack's hair look like it was transforming in the picture by trying to make it look a gradual change from brown to white.


I then used white paint and with a dry brush I dabbed on the frost of his hoodie. I then used the same technique sparingly on the hair. I then fine-lined  the entire piece to make it stand out a little more.


I decided to add these quotes because he says both of these at some point during his human years and his Jack Frost years and they play a significant in why he became a guardian in the first place. 

I'm hoping to do more of these so if anybody has an ideas, tweet me at @Sassyjarvis or comment on his post, you can do so by signing in on google plus with your Youtube passwords etc...

-LM


No comments:

Post a Comment